HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - something every hunter needs to look at
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: something every hunter needs to look at

Just posted this on her website... looks like it's a pretty raging controversy, and she's taking some serious flak for it.

Very disappointed in choice to align with HSUS [/align]Fri, 03/13/2009 - 22:09 — Greg_MO

I've always been a huge Miss Underwood supporter, and voted frequently when she competed on AI; I've purchased all her CD releases since as well, confidently predicting to my wife as each single was released that "she's got another No. 1 on her hands."

But today I learned some very disturbing news; that Carrie has aligned herself and in fact promotes the Humane Society of the United States. It is my sincere hope that Carrie is ignorant of the true ramifications of this action, and isn't fully cognizant of the devious intentions of this harmful organization. HSUS does not operate or oversee animal shelters like one would expect after visiting local shelters; instead, this organization is a radical anti-hunting group bent on legislating away hunter's rights and other responsible uses of animals in America.

I'm extremely surprised at the decision to join forces with such a liberal group given Carries Midwest values and upbringing. Surely, her family members and ancestors would find it astonishing as well. Given Carrie's career choice and genre which finds its largest audience in those sportsmen and women who care most deeply about our national assets and responsibly conserving our hunting heritage, it's frankly appalling that she would take money from that exact customer base and then hand it over to the very individuals who would promise to destroy it.

Carrie, please reconsider your choice of those to whom you would offer not only your allegiance -- but your monetary support. Until I hear otherwise, I cannot in good conscience offer MY money to you any more in terms of buying any more of your CDs, knowing where some of it may end up.

As a back-page columnist for a national archery magazine, I promise to encourage others to reconsider their future purchases and support as well until we hear differently.

I'm actually not as big a fan as I made it sound, but hopefully it'll help make my point a little better.
[/align][/align]