HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does such a rifle exist?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 AM
wolverine72
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does such a rifle exist?

Here's my recommendation to help you get a lotmore gun for your money -- be patient and look for a used one. I have never lost money on a used gun purchase -- can't say that on a new guns, however. I know to never say never, so it is very unlikely that I will ever buy another new gun at new gun prices.

My experience is that most used guns for sale have hardly been used, and if you're patient and look diligently, you'll eventually find what you're looking for without making too many sacrifices. Usually with a little elbow grease and an hour of you time, you can make a used gun look a whole lot better....

I saw a 700 BDL .30-06 at Gander Mountain yesterday, like new not a scratch in the stock or metal, for $625, and it had a perfectly fit Pachmayer Decellerator pad, not the factory plastic butt. It also had leupold rings and bases. Brand new that gun is around $825 at Gander Mountain, but they are usually a little high on new and used guns....

Look in newspapers, discussion forums, gunbroker.com, etc...I just purchased an 870 Wingmaster from a gentleman on this forum, about an hour away. It was a good deal, and I made a friend to boot.