HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WIDNR on the trail of Mt Lion, real deal!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
BowHuntingFool
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WIDNR on the trail of Mt Lion, real deal!

ORIGINAL: Centauri

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: Centauri

Stop drinking the DNR's Kool-Aid guys. They will never, ever admit that there are too many predators in Wisconsin. Maybe you people who disagree with me should go out and see what wolves have done to the northern deer population.
So you think that the wolves are the reason the deer numbers are down???? What's in your Kool_Aid my friend? There are many reason the numbers are down, wolves play only a small part in it! How bout the winter kill off??? Car-deer kills?? Bears??? Coyotes??? Hunters?? with your logic cars should be banned from N.Wisconsin because they are a threat to and kill deer?? Keep reaching!
Ask any old timer who lives up there about how good the deer hunting was back then, heck, ask anyone who hunts up there how good it was. I will guarantee that they will say it was once good. Ever since the 70's and 80's, deer numbers have been progressively dropping, even more in this current decade. Wolves are not a native animal anymore, so the deer do not know the threat as it has been stamped out in their instinct. Now that they're back, they don't know if its a danger or not. As for winter, deer are very hardy animals and they know how to survive. Car deer kills play only a small part, maybe some with bears, and you got me on coyotes. Its true that they're everywhere. Hunters have been playing a good role of managing the population, but we can't hunt 24/7, but predators like wolves and coyotes can and must.

Please, tell me why you support wolves.
No disrespect intended, but, after reading the above statement, if you were to do just a small amount of research I will not need to tell you why I support the wolves!