HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - KY Elk Hunt...Help Me!?!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Ken/WV
Nontypical Buck

Default KY Elk Hunt...Help Me!?!

Alright here is the deal, I just went and visited my dad who lives in kentucky and he showed me some of the free ranging elk there and said that they have been hunting there since 01' or something. That got me interested in hunting there as a non-resident, so I came home and just recently found all the lottery info and everything like that. But I have a few questions I couldn't find on the ky dnr page.

When they desginate you a area to hunt, does that area have public hunting or national forrest access for non-residents?

What are the odds of actually filling a elk tag in ky?

And basically that's all I can't figure out. I already know about the tag drawing, and non-resident license costs, and all the deadlines and season dates. I just couldn't figure out that if they designate you a area when you pick the three units you prefer if those units have public property. Because being a non-resident I wouldn't have much access to private property.

Also I'm asking here cause I figured someone on here has tried to get a tag and what not in Ky, and maybe hunted there, and just maybe was successful. Anyway, any help at all would be appreciated.