HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Contest trash talk
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:27 AM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest trash talk

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

hahaha thats funny southern. Come on up to Indiana and kill a real bird. Whe dont shoot those small frys up here. We kill mammoth gobblers.
Your corn fed birds are bigger of course, but it's a fact that Alabama and Mississippi birds are the smartest and hardest to kill, anywhere in the US. Ask Preston Pittman, and if you don't know who Preston Pittman is, he's killed way more birds than anybody on this site and he's knows what he's talkin about. Here's a Q & A quote from his website:

"Q: Which States have the hardest Birds to hunt?A: Mississippi and Alabama. Why? Mississippi and Alabama have had the longest consecutive open seasons in the US. Also in Alabama, decoys are illegal. Therefore, they have been hunted longer, harder, have heard more calls, been chased, and educated by hunters, more than any other State in the US."

That deal about decoys doesn't apply anymore, decoy are LEGAL now. BUT since they legalized them 3 or 4 years ago, I have used them a handful of times and scared off turkeys every single time. Decoys are useless, these birds are smart. Up there all your corn-fed birds are a bunch of muscle-headed retards, haha . Bunch of jock-birds walkin around talking about which hen cheerleader they're gonna take advantage of this weekend,. No hard feelings though, I wish I had some fatter birds, but I'd rather be outsmarted by a skinny bird and learn a lot more things and become a better hunter, than sit by a cornfield and kill 10 or 12 big ol 25 pounders without even having to call. That's just me though, .