HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stock refinishing pt 2..9422 update..PICS!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: stock refinishing pt 2..9422 update..PICS!

thanx wildman...thats only the 2nd stock ive ever done..i really enjoy working with guns and wood working...far from a master at either...but the best way to learn is keep at it...im pleased with it...if i had more time i could spent it completely filling the grain...but spring break is running out...and its minimal...ive seen worse turned out by gunsmiths...i just like to completely fill the grain...

if things go how they aughta and im not working for a couple months next winter, i might buy me a few ole clunkers to work on...can pick up old winchesters and stuff like that that just need some TLC like that one did and turn it into a good looking functionable piece of history...

my buddy was thrilled...couldnt believe it was the same stock...he was real happy with it...and how much smoother the action got..lol...now we just gotta shot it...accuracy before was so so...wasnt bad for what it was and the condition...that old weaver just may be as old as the rifle...i have no idea...but with any luck it'll shoot better...40 years of grime out of it, it aughta shoot better