HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 14 "TURKAHOLICS"
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Arjuna
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread "No Name, but you will know our names when this is over"

I have had mixed luck with decoys. Alabama only allowed them in about 3 or 4 years ago. So, most of my experience has been without them. Sometimes, gobblers hang up when they see them. Sometimes they come in. I don't think there is a magic bullet out there that works. I would be more concerned with the portability of the decoy and the pressure of the birds you are hunting. I like to cover some ground when I hunt and therefore, don't carry many bulky decoys...maybe just a feather flex hen. However, if I am hunting a field edge early in the morning where I expect birds to come and I think it's just a quick morning hunt before I head back to work, then I might take the full strut decoy with a couple of hens.

Learn to hunt without them and you'll be a better hunter. However, they sure can be fun sometimes to watch how ol Tom goes crazy.

I like the Ol Tom Cassanova. It rolls up tighter than the b-mobile. The prettyboy is very stiff and bulky. I like a little more portability.

Jack