HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Here it is- That One Bow (tm)
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

ORIGINAL: TFOX

When I first got my xtec,I couldn't shoot it worth a crap but I knew it was me because I just couldn't get comfortable with it.
This is ultimately going to be the problem.

Well the contact issue was taken care of last week, and l narrowed it down to the grip and draw length causing the scattergun-I don't have that many problems with a Mathews grip- but that Hoyt wood grip was killing me. Tried the 180 grip for a bit, and it was better than the wood, but still no worky.

Took the grip off, and dropped to a 28.5" module. Draw length is correct now and no more big gigantic groups (same for my dealer friend- drove tacks)- but there is def a "disconnect" with the bow. I was stacking 2 arrows, then pulling 2 arrows , stack 3 pull 1,, etc etc all night- I'm glad its not an issue with the bow, but I cannot say I'm feeling any better. The AM35 requires a much more "agressive shot" than the GT-500 and Admiral do, and I've never shot bows that require that kind of aggressive shot , consistently well.

We all (myself, and the 2 owners of the shop) agreed that I should take a little break ( a week or two off) and come back fresh . I hope I can pull it together- cos I really like the way the bow draws, shoots, etc. It's just very frustrating cos I was really shooting well and proud of myself after my long layoff from archery, and now I'm a wreck