HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Baiting ticket?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
nctaxi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Baiting ticket?

Here are a few things that I do know, from being a taxidermist and a hunter.
A. - Game laws are written vague, to allow for interpretation.
B. A GW cannot search your home without a search warrant!!!! This is a violation of your rights as written in The Constitution, period! You have rights and unless you give up those rights, you ARE innocent until proven guilty.If they suspect illegal act, they will get a warrant. This case was fought and won, more than once, but recently in Supreme Court by Spangler vs. PA and a GW (whose name escapes me) They cannot harrass you, either, although harassment is harder to prove. If you allow them to search, be prepared because they can write a ticket for a bird feather, bird nest, and many other things. Yes, if your child finds a blue jay feather and has it where it can be seen , that is a violation of the Federal Migratoy Bird Act. Even though it is "just a feather", it is illegal to own.

C. - Deer eat pecans! They may not everywhere but I have 14 pecan trees down both sides of the driveway and have seen more than one under the trees eating them. Crows also eat pecans, as well as coons, and my Austalian Shepherd, Blue, loves them.