HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My buck from 11-17-08
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck from 11-17-08

ORIGINAL: early in

As far as my comment on stiching goes. You're correct, I'm no taxi, but I do know certain proper procedures regarding cape prep, asI've watched professional guides do it several times.These are are the guys whogive you what you'll have to work with.
Also, the guywho said"Can you take a pic of the neck of the deer and post it up for me please? I want to see the stich job" is indeed asking a question regarding stich work. My comment "If it was caped properly, you should see nothing" is certainly a reasonable answer to that question. Me being a taxi or not! My answerwas fact, not opinion.
Lastly, if someoneshowed me (being an arborist) a pic of work done by another tree man, and I saw it didn't agree with the way I would have done it, NO I wouldn't say that to the person. Idon't slander other peoples work. It's buyer beware out there, and if someone needs to learn the hard way, so be it. BUT, by the same token, if that same person said, "Jeff what do you think of thework I had done on my tree's"? I would THEN, andONLYTHEN, give them my thoughts on their tree work. Now do you understand?
Sorry for negating my pull from this thread....

Sure maybe I used poor judgement in this case but its hard to educate people on the matter without making them reconsider their mount. My first post was that it was a great buck but poor mount. Maybe what I should have said was "consider shopping around when you get your next deer mounted". But really I don't think his response of "whats wrong with it" would have been any different no matter how you tell him anything other than it looks ok....
-My point here is that its not right to tell the people with negative comments that they can't state them and that only positive comments are welcome.
-Sure a neutral comments of "nice buck" with no comment on the mount would be the best answer by all.
-However,if positive comments like "nice mount" "looks good" are ok to say then all negative comments should be just as fair to say....

Splitting the cape seam is hardly cape prep.Your answer was a fact but a bogus untrue fact. Not sure why you don't get that and think you gave good information or know enough about the matter to give it there. Sure the cape job makes a difference but essentially the splitting of the seam haslittle affect on the outcome unless it was completely butchered and hacked up.I can make aruff caped seam look excatly the same as a perfectly caped one (hidden completely).

Trees
To make that kind of a statementgives the impression thatyou don't care enough about your proffesion or trees (our mounts)in general to help someone out in their future. Sure, buyer beware, they'lllearnthe hard way but guess what?? They can't learn the hard way unless you teach them what right from wrong is.

If a newby posted a thread saying hey look at these tree stands I got for this season and was all proud of himself and alot ofthe vetrans know they are terrible treestands and there is much better ones out there for the same price. I sure hope people would inform the person and give him some advice for the future and not sit on the side lines saying good for you you will be happy with those stands. WCL