HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how much snow!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Canadian Chic
Typical Buck

Default RE: how much snow!

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

what you miss shoveling!!!! are you crazy! you might change your mind if you worked for me last week. i shoveled 16 roofs in 4 days. im spent. then i spent a whole day gettin mine and my two buddies shacks of sebago lake. 16 inches of snow and slush on the ice. the can-am 800 was not likeing life at all.
what kind of roofs were they? flat? not too many people use shacks out here on the lakes most people use portable ice huts but its normally no problem anyway because there is so much wind that there is almost no snow on the ice apart from massive snow drifts.

they dont plow roads there?? thats weird but funny. hard to believe you cant fish though w/ temps like that. how much ice do you want!! you only need a couple inches man! although sebagop ahs about 8 right now. i will say becareful though. ive been in the drink a few times and its never fun. it used to be scarfy at first but now im kinda used to it. i went in the river this past december duck hunting w/ my brother. i froze solid from my nipples down lol
they plow the roads after all the snow has melted or has blown off the road and then wat they do is not plow the roads, they plow the shoulders of the road its retarded, i will never understand. the ice out on the lake is fine but all the shore ice is ruined and to thin to walk on. falling through isnt too bad out where we are because lake st. clair is so shallow. if you fall though you panic at first and then you realize you can touch bottom and your upper half is still above the ice. the only sucky part is walking a mile back to warmth.

also when you say -40 are you talkin celcius or ferinheit (sp)
technically its both if you look at a thermometer, but im talking farenheight. i use celcius for summer and farenheight for winter lol its more dramatic that way lol

-CC