HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My buck from 11-17-08
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:18 AM
nctaxi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck from 11-17-08

I don't have a dog in this fight per se, but I agree with both sides here. The man is/was happy with his mount, so good for him. He did not come on here and ask for a critique, so thus should not have been given one. Although I agree with the things that were said, it may have not been the right place or time for it.
But I am in agreement with wingchaser's comments (maybe not in how it was discussed on this post). "We" as wildlife artists fight an uphill battle everyday trying to promote better quality work and teaching our client's what they should be looking for. There are many details that take mounts to the next level, ie. the bottom jaw on the pic posted earlier. Clean crisp ears, eye anatomy, eye shape, etc. I have spent years studying live deer, carcasses, muscles, skeletons, etc just to get where I am today (which really isn't that far just able to mount a decent deer) I will never be a World Champion Taxidermist, although I know a few, I just want to be able to mount a better deer than those around me.

Wingchaser - please do me one personnal favor, "prolly" is not a word, "probably" is. I hate that one