HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Here it is- That One Bow (tm)
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Well I gotta admit- I may have to eat some crow about being "confident" in my choice. Last night I had a devil of a time with this thing. I was shooting the most piss-poor groups @ 20 yards- stringing them up and down, left and right- about 6-8". I'm no Randy Ulmer, but I was wondering what the heck was going on. My dealer saw me out on the range and wondered the same thing-he knew it wasn't like me to be shooting that bad.

So then he shot the bow- same thing- like a 28 Gauge with a 26" vent rib skeet choke barrel. Adjusted cam synch to absolute perfect and rotation was spot-on. Cams rotate freely on the axles. All measurements are on. Shot it through paper (they use wax paper- works GREAT-much better than butcher paper) Bullet holes. Tried a stiffer spine-weaker arrows, different same spine arrows- still wouldn't group. No nock pinch. We thought we had it fairly well narrowed down to the rest and some kind of intermittent/slight contact- started messing with the LimbDriver,increasing spring tension, etc- no help- tried feathers-helped a little.

Took the LD off, and the tech installed a Trophy Taker- some improvement- rougly the groups got cut in half, but to shoot a 3 arrow group touching or close, was tough- too tough- I can do that with very little effort on the GT500 or Admiral, but it took absolutely impeccable form last night and arrows still seemed very intermittent when I know I was making decent shots-scattering around more than grouping together. I finally shot one decent group and by that time I was so frustrated and pissed off I quit shooting- I had been messing with it for about 4 hours. So this week we'll dig further and see what we can find out. Draw length was good and felt fine with the S&S release-same with my other bows- but I'm going to try dropping 1/2" and try a different release next week.

Needless to say, this "long term relationship" has not started out well. I am beyond frustrated right now.[:@][:'(]

If anyone has any other suggestions- please, I'm all ears.