HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: QAD Ultra pro vs. Limbdriver

I helped a friend set up his QAD on a new Guardian he'd just bought... After setting up seven or eight Limbdrivers, this was my first experience with that rest... and I can tell you, I was ready to take it off and see if I could throw it through one of the walls of my archery shop! A lot of that had to do with the fact that the cord on the rest needed to be replaced, and we had a devil of a time threading a new piece of string through that little hole...

I did come across a nice little tip somewhere on one of the forums about rests that are tied into down cables, though.... we didnt' split the buss cable, but instead I tied a d-loop style knot around it, and let it bump up against a bit of serving I put on at the spot where we wanted it to stop at. That let the cord rotate around a bit, and hopefully impart less torque on the system as a whole.

Still... give me a Limbdriver to set up any day!! I can have one completely installed, tied in, leveled and lasered in probably about three minutes.