HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honest Answers.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
blkpowder
Typical Buck

Default RE: Honest Answers.

ORIGINAL: rem700man

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

ORIGINAL: rem700man

BtBow:
Over the years i have come to respect you as a pretty good hunter from reading your posts,,,i have come to the conclusion that you are into this thing just about as much as i am,,,and i also agree that we tend to disagree on some issues,,,so im asking you as 1 hunter to another,,,,why do you guys really disagree with the x-bow being a legitimate weapon during archery season,,,i dont understand the complaints,,,are you really worried about the ethics of the shot with some hunters,,,,is it the poaching thing,,,what exactly is it that ya'll despise about x-bows. They have been legal here in Va. for i think 5 yrs and i still know no one that uses them during season,,and i hunt alot of public land and i hav'nt seen 1 guy with a x-bow,,but then again,,,it's also legal to use semi-automatic rifles here and i see no one with a semi. I have shot x-bows quite extensively in the back yard with a few friends and no matter what guys like ole sproul say,,,their really not 3 shot 1 hole shooters @ 20 yds,,,so i dont think thats the issue. So enlighten me on the reasons why x-bows should not be legal in Pa. during the hunting season. Might i add honest answers
rem700: I would like express my reason why I voted no if I may? I think Archery season "may," my opinion, turn into a cousin of gun season. Again maybe. Since I only hunt public ground,my concerns are "if", a growing number jump onto this bandwagon, my solitude that I enjoy "might" come to an end? I know, everyone has a right to be in those woods. But I just seem to draw the most ignorant people when I used to rifle hunt. That's why I quit almost 30yrs ago. You know what I mean, hunters who leave their proper etiquette at home when it comes to bagging a deer. This is my only concern! Believe me, if that hunter wants to us a spear,crowbar, what ever his choice? And they are enjoying themselves,God Bless them!

[/align]
blkpowder: I understand what your saying from a selfish point of view(not saying that is a bad thing,,,most days i wish i was the only hunter in the state)but like it or not,,,theres gonna be other hunters invading what we feel is our territory in hunting season,,,,and i can for some blinded reason,,,only view that as a good thing,,,to me theres safety in numbers and in the year 2009 i feel like we need that safety of numbers,,i took a friend to a public hunting area this past season and he was seriously pi$$ed off that there was 30 cars parked in the parking lot,,,i sat him down on the tailgate and said "listen,,,these are all guys doin just what you and i are here to do,,,i scouted the area and i think we have a good chance at deer",,I Sh!T you not,,,i put him on stand,,,walked 150 yds away and he called me on the radio sayin he shot 2 does(compound bow) before i even got to my hang-on,,ruined hunt?,,,he!! no,,,i just earned the trust of a fellow hunter and he got venison to top it off! maybe strayed off point for a second,,,but what im thinkin is this,,,,i dont care what it takes to get a guy in the woods,,once he's there,,he's on my side,,,he likes my sport,,,and he's gonna vote my way when it comes to election time,,,it's not just hunting to me,,,it's gun collecting,,,it's reloading,,,it's the whole 18 yds .
Sorry Rem, that reply was worded wrong. I know( my solitude will come to an end )exactly say's what you responded.That I want the woods to my self. That is a nice wish and I don't expect or want it to happen! I hope you believe me when I say that. You would not believe the type of encounters I had when I used to rifle hunt. I was an ahole magnet every time I stepped into those woods. Honest to god,I could write a least 15 pages of rotten encounters I had during gun season. I had guys park their arse,30-40 yds in front of me on opening day. What finally did me in,the last two years I hunted in gun season, I used a flintlock I built. Back to back years,I shot a buck, the deer where actually crawling. The one I was only 7 to 8 feet behind the deer waiting for it to expire, when a guy came flying down the hill and emptied his pump rifle into the deer. And screaming, he's still moving, he's mine -he's mine. Again, if and we all don't know yet. If allowing crossbows,is archery season going to become a glorified gun season. And if I'm going to relive past rifle seasons? Like I also stated,if the guy want's to use a hammer,spear what ever make him happy and he is hunting and enjoying himself,God bless him! I want to see other hunters having fun![/align]