HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traditional Guru's
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Traditional Guru's

My big Snuffers got here the other day along with my other stuff I ordered. Let me tell you these 160 grain Snuffers are huge and man are they built like tanks!!! I'm really Impressed by how there made and another thing that surprised me was that these are much, much sharper then the other Snuffers (125 screw ons) I usually get. I wasn't just too Impressed though by the amount of FOC I gained. I went from 7.1% with my other set up (33.75" 2216 with 125 grain Snuffer weighing 561 grains) to 12.5% FOC with this set up (31.75" 2216 with 160 grain glue on Snuffers with a 43 grain adapter weighing 614 grains total).

I took my recurve out and shot this new arrow set up of mine. They flew like darts, but then again my old set up did also for the most part. One thing I noticed was I didn't see near the drop In the longer yardages that I had with my lighter set up. I know this set up would be deadly, I know that for a fact being these arrows really thumped my target more then before and the penetration was more with this set up- I was a little worried on the penetration part being these are a huge fixed blade broadhead (1 15/32 cutting diameter). No plaining what so ever either but then again I didn't practice past 25 yards. In saying all this though I will go to FMJ's when I get these 2216's all used up, I have 8 of them left to burn up yet. Russ talked with me on the phone the other day and gave me a pile of Info on what I'd have for FOC, weight, etc. He also gave me some Info on just carbons alone, I don't know much about these carbon arrows. I'm also going to try and tweak my new set up one more time though and see what happens. I'm going to get some steel 100 grain adapters and throw one of them on a Snuffer and see how that flys to see If I can get that FOC higher yet and If they don't fly all to well, oh well, the way there set up now will do the job with out a doubt In my mind.

Thanks for all the good Info Russ with the FMJ's and other questions I had and thanks also to everyone else.