HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CaMirrorâ„¢
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 PM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: CaMirrorâ„¢

I CaMirrorized my '07 3D Guardian today.. It has been very accurate and shot great last summer. The module stops were hitting at the same time but the CaMirror showed a 1/4 inch difference gap on the top cam as compared to the bottom. I put it in the press and took a turn out, made 1/8" difference for the better. Pressed it again and it was spot on top to bottom. Checked the module stops at full draw again and the bottom cam was late in hitting the stop.
Looking the bow over, the cables cross above the guard rod and the cable angles are very different going to the cams. I then switched the slide upside down and crossed the cables below the guard and checked the cams again for roll over match. They were spot on this time with perfect timing. Guys, we've been setting these bows up all along to stop on the cables that are in the wrong position. What we've been doing is compromizing synchronization at brace to match unequal cable angles at full draw.

Here's a pic of my Guardian with the cables crossing above the rod as from the factory. It's easy to see that the cable angles are vastly different.Switching them to cross below made all the difference in synchronization at full draw. In reality, if the cams are sync'd at brace they are still in sync at full draw but the unequal cable angles and out of time mod stops make us think they are out of sync.
Here's hoping a change will come soon that has the manufactures making slight changes to the modules that will take into consideration where the cables cross and where the roller guard/cable rod is located.