HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my mount back from 1-17-09
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 AM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

ORIGINAL: LeftyBuckmaster

Well I've run into some problems right now with the taxi I gave my deer to over a year ago. After I gave him my deer he got divorced, lost his daytime job, gambled/drank his money away, got married again and the rumors are flying around now that he doesn't have the money to buy forms to finish the mounts. I've tried to call him after getting his cell number from other customers and everytime he never answers I have left him a couple messages but no response. I finally got some good news about 3 weeks ago that he got one of my friends mounts done so it sounds like he finally is getting some done. I gave a 50% deposit and don't know what to do. I could wait for him to call and say he has it done or I could try and stop by his house and talk to him. He did good work and was reasonable on price and recommended by alot of people but he ran into problems in his life and his actions now are not really impressing me. I just don't know what to do.
Can't fix stupid..... What was the time quote he gave you on it being done? If it is way off I'd maybe contactyour game warden and tell him whats going on. Just tell him you don't want any trouble with it but you are concerned about what may have happened to your deer since the guy wont return your messages.He might give you some advice or hopefully be willing to stop by and check things out himself. They have the rights to stop anytime (during legal hours) they wish just for a checkup on things so he doesnt have to tell the guy he is stopping because of complaints. If you gave a 50% dwn payment that shold be way more than materials so let your warden know all of this.... Seems way off to me that the guy would not return a couple messages. Seems like he is avoiding you and if he was working on it I would guess he would have returned your calls. Its a good sign he got your friends done but not good that he wont respond to you. Hope you have some receipts. Good luck. WCL