HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honest Answers.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
rem700man
Typical Buck

Default RE: Honest Answers.

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

No crossbow for me, until I'm too old or crippled up for a compound or recurve. Then I will most assuredly make the switch rather than give up my bow season. And that's the way it oughtto be. That's all I'll say on that matter, as for this yearI willl be carying my new Bowtech and splitting time with an old bear Kodiak recurve for nostalgia's sake, and promptly rebuking any healthy young fella I see toting a crossbow who doesn't need one.
I wont be shooting a crossbow this season or any season in the near future,,,but it's comments like these that really make me wonder what side some of you guys are on? what right do you have to rebuke anyones choice of using a crossbow,,,and what exactly are you afraid of by someone making that choice,,,is it that your afraid their going to shoot YOUR deer? or could it be like some other know it all said "they will use em to shoot deer illegally off the light" Thats just the kind of statements that the Jim & Sarah Bradys of the world use everytime they meet in congress to decide whether or not i should be allowed to own a gun,,what if Obama decides that I,you,we dont need guns,,,then what the hell are you gonna do,,,keep up bad mouthing crossbows due to your ignorance and you might find a day that all weapons are on the chopping block,,including your (and mine) recurve and compound bows. If you ask me (which you hav'nt) these are the times when we as hunters should be sticking together to keep our sport alive