HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - points system?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 AM
slim23
Fork Horn

Default RE: points system?

i agree with christine. team of the year should be a 2 man team with a floating 3rd shooter or make itboat of the year? either works for me. that will make it easier for everybody cuz some liek to shoot with a variety of shooters. i still think that it should be based on 3 shoots for the year regardless of what ones. maybee extra points for the state shot? (no i probaly wont be there)
as for shooter of the year should it be based on working events or his fishing/shooting abaility? maybee we need to have a plaque for most volunteer time? that would start a big squable there....
I am all for raising the citation fish and record fish up in point value?? how high do we want them? i agree that shooter of the year shouldnt be un acheviable for non tourney shooters but i hate to take away from a guy that attends shoots but dosent win. it can be some easy points for him and reasons for people who are undecided to go ahead and go especialy to the fun shoots.
I am not sure how is best for tuning in individual points? I think after a lot of thinking and discusion with others that individuals should turn them in within a month of receving the points to be credited? no it wont be super strict but keeps a person from turning in 500 points in december saying all that they done and making it harder to go back and make sure it is all ligit?
maybee just a sticky thread at the top with what you have done and when you turn in a citation/record fish you also e mail me. Or johnny b?(i think he is in charge of citationfish?)e mails me the info if it is mailed in?
the tourney info will be easy. and i will try to have it posted within a week of the tourney and any discrepcencies can be sorted out quickly. this will depend on somebody gettin me the tourney info for shoots i dont attend. i think all of this should be the secretarys job? i hate to push more off on christine.
keep the thoughts coming. i hope we can vote on this saturday of the deer classic so we can start keeping track by mid march