HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie hunter in need of advice
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:20 AM
kickin_buck
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newbie hunter in need of advice

There is another post on here where a guy is looking for his first bow. I will tell you the same thing I told him. There are a bunch of good bows on the market in your price range. On the high end of your price range are Mission bows, which are a very good bow and a sister company to Matthews, or the Hoyt SuperHawk and PowerHawk. Bear has a couple of good bows in your price range, the Showdown (we sell a package (bow, WB rest, sights and quiver) for $449), the lightsout is another good bow. I don't know anything about Ross, but if MeanV recommends it I am sure it is a good bow. I would suggest as other did and tell you to stop in at several pro shops and shoot as many bows as you can that are in your price range and then decided which one feels the best to you. There are many good bows in your price range, you just have find the right bow for you. I would stay clear of the used market, since you new to archery you really don't know what to look for. Good luck in your search and let us know what you decided to go with.