HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What have you did, doing now?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
dmurphy317
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you did, doing now?

Very interesting subject.

I started out in SE Texas mowing grass for neighbors at about 8 years old. Was still doing that when I graduated college and moved away. I had other summer jobs along the way including pumping gas, working in a car dealership preping cars and working in the body shop, manual laborer at a chemical plant, worked with several music groups and even as a bouncer in a large CW club. I traveled on the road with a touring music group as their sound man just before moving to Nashville to work in a large recording studio. I worked in the Nashville studio scene for 15 years and was part of over 1000 recording projects ranging from demos to national TV spots and a Disney movie. By then my ears were getting somewhat bad and I moved to Albuquerque for a job in the chip making industry working on Photolithography equipment. After 8 years the economy took a plunge and as of 2 weeks ago I am now,thanks to a layoff,looking for my next big challenge in the job market. Sure hope I find something soon, the kids are getting hungry.