HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning vs. Thompson Center
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
CarpetBagger
Fork Horn

Default RE: Browning vs. Thompson Center

Handled both. The Icon has alot of hype as a greatly designed bolt action rifleby TC.

Browning has alot of heritage with the A-Bolt. Lots of satisfied customers and lots of experience with gunsmiths.

Ive handled both. I wasnt that impressed with the TC by feel in my hands. The wood was nice, but the bolt handle is TOO small. I do like the looks of the synthetic stainless model though with the larger bolt handle. Made in the USA too supposidly.

Browning. A standard in alot of hunters minds. The A-Bolt is a good gun...A-Bolt Medallion is a beauty...almost too pretty to hunt with...Made in Japan. I dont own one, butI have looked alot.

Me personally. I view a rifle as a Tool. Its nice to have a show piece, but 90% of the guys i hunt with have the nice rifle in the safe, and their go to gun is the old blued gun with the beat up stock.

Im more of the synthetic & stainless lover on my rifles....They look nice and are easy to use in the nasty weather hunts.

I dont think you can go wrong with either. Icon boasts sub moa groups. Clean and maintain em they will last forever.