HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are there commercials within peoples post?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:41 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why are there commercials within peoples post?

How do you KNOW they were getting along just fine? Business-wise? Alot of businesses are in serious trouble these days- even previously wildly succesful ones.

Is it annoying? A bit, but not enoough for me to care. I rarely ever find such ads annoying unless it's stuff that blatantly unrelated to the subject at hand (the ads here are related to hunting). I vist other sites with similar advertisement and take little or no notice. a few sites I vist are full of "personal ads" "lose 20 pounds in 3 days" type of stuff and yup that's really annoying. But thats not the case here.

At any rate- people have to pay bills, and that bowhunter.com site is doing it with an online store- and plugging the bejeesus out of products they sell and ads at the top of the page. One way or another you are gonna get bombarded.

While I took a few years off, I was here long before my "join date" shows. I don't find this tragic at all. It's an internet site about hunting-mountains and molehills.