HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 cal.
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM
country1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 cal.

ORIGINAL: Slanger

But I shot about 100 rounds through it last night with no problems except the aim point is alot lower than I would like.
You may be flinching, which will most likely cause a low poi. Purchase or borrow some snap caps, have someone load yourmag and have them watch as you fire. When youpull the trigger on a snap cap, yourfirearm should not move at all.

An incorrect grip will most likely result in a low poi.

If you are using abullet weight less than 230 gr in a 45 ACPthis can also cause a low shot (Taurus usually use sights for the heavier bullets). A heavier, slowerbullet will usually have a higher poi than a lighter, fasterbullet. Try shooting from sandbags (your wrists should be resing on the sandbag and not the firearm) and check your poi. You can also have someone who is well experienced and a good shotfiring a polymer handgun shoot your firearmto see how it shoots for them.

Do you have a NRA gun club in your area (they will be listed on the NRA website)? If so, I suggest taking the NRA Basic Pistol. I don't know how other clubs work, but at my club we work on not just safe firearm handling but also improving the accuracy of the students. I work as an RO for some of the courses at my club. Once the studentsdevelop safe habits we work on improving their accuracy.