HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binary timing using dropaway attached to downward cable
Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Binary timing using dropaway attached to downward cable

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

You'll never know until you get the thing on there. I have seen them do little of nothing and I have noticed with some a substantial increase... or should I just say change in the way the bow draws.

I will warn againest this though.... schaffers and binarys quite often don't go together very well. Even when you can handle the draw weight, usually with binarys there is a strong build up of weight jsut before it dumps off into the valley. No matter how carefully you draw that bow sometimes, because that rest is coming up right at that peak... you can occasionally get the diving board effect and fling your arrow right off your rest.

I tell you this only because it happened to me.... it is/was a $100 mistake. I don't want to take anything away from the schaffer because it is an awesome rest and one of the quietest around.... but for me with binary cams I just couldn't make it practical. On single cams it is one of the best.
X2

I do think the Limb Driver is the Best choice out there. If they weren't available my second choice would be the Whammy.

Dan