HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remember the dogs???
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 05:30 AM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remember the dogs???

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

I sure hope you fellas caught a bit of the humor I was putting in my post. In a way, Shotgun (reminder - that's the dog's name) has actually helped as much as he has hurt. I did a little "reflecting" yesterday. After telling my wife that I blamed her more than I did Shotgun (and she AGREED with me!), I told the wife that this pup must be reading my mind and doing what he can to help. Here's why:

1. I didn't like the down comforter. It was too hot and I thought that it looked like crap. Shotgun took care of that. (We're still finding bits of down, though.)

2. I've been wanting to re-do the staircase in hardwood. The wife didn't want to. Now Shotgun has made it possible.

3. I've been wanting to replace the living room furniture for about a year. The wife wants to keep using what we have until it rots. Again, Shotgun to the rescue.

4. I've been considering building a 12' x 16' storage shed in the back. Of course I get the classic "We don't need to spend the money on that." Now that she agrees that the dogs need to go outside when we're not home, I get the green light to build the shed with the provision that I build a frontporch on it so that the dogs have a comfortable place to get out of the rain during the spring and summer when it's too hot for a dog house. Of course, I told her it would need to be longer for the porch to be big enough, so I got the go-aheadto make it 16' x 24' with a 12'x5' covered deck for a porch. Cool!

The other things are minor, and I know Shotgun is just being a puppy. There is one other thing, though IREALLY wish that I could do something about the gas that this dog has. This dog will fart and it'll send you scrambling from the room with your eyes watering. Sometimes it's enough to wake me up out of a dead sleep.
Yep, this dog is a MAN'S dog.....
Sounds like Man's Best Friend![8D]

On the Gas problem. Try a dog food switch until it cures the problem. Some Dog foods areextremely badfor causing Gas, and individual dog's tolerancesvary as well.

Dan