HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog attracting tactics?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
SWThomas
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog attracting tactics?

ORIGINAL: provb28

yep it keeps the mosquitos off of them when they are in the swamps and its hot they love it, one of our pits about a year ago was flat ground now its about 4 foot deep and about 6foot wide!!!
if you decide to use this method dont just pour motor oil all over your property designate a place next to a feeder or a brushy area where they frequent . normally between a good game trail that they use. it doesnt take much for them to keep comming back to that area if you add oil to it once in a while. take a couple of gallons of used oil on a good dirt patch near your stand or feeder give it a few weeks you will see them moving thru especially if you have a trail cam , I have a pic with 25 hogs in it !!!!!!!!! ohhhh I forgot they freak over apples one night heading out to a stand I was walking thru palmettos and dropped my head light when I picked it up all I could see is brush moving and snorts everywhere I tried to aim thru my scope but I couldnt see ****!!!!
I shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh real loud and they flipped out lmao come to find out my buddy dropped a **** load of apples all over the place.
That's pretty interesting. You better hope no one catches you dumping used oil on the ground like that...