HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remember the dogs???
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember the dogs???

Does anyone remember me posting about finding two puppies on the opening hunt of bow season this past year? In case you don’t it was back on October 4th. I had killed a doe and while I was field dressing it two pups that had been “dumped off” showed up. Since it was either leave them to die slowly, shoot them myself or take them home, I took them home.

Well, I found a home for one of them, but ended up keeping the other. My wife said he was cute, and she named him "Shotgun". Okay, that was cool.

Now, a couple-thousand dollars in damage later, I wish I hadn’t kept him. I blame my wife as much as the dog. She wouldn’t let me keep it outside while we were gone during the day this past winter because “It’s too cold”. She won’t let me put it in a “crate” because “That’s cruel. It’s not the answer.” Well, so far this four legged chipper/shredder has demolished:

One grill cover.
Two hibiscus trees in the back yard. (I had beautiful trees. Now I have two holes suitable for new trees.)
One rose bush. (I’m not kidding! This animal destroyed a freaking rose bush – thorns and all!)
Three pairs of shoes.
Countless socks and dishtowels.
Two sheet sets.
Two dog beds.
One sleeping bag. (Used to replace the dog bed, which was stupid.)
Two gutter down-spouts in the back yard.
One NICE down comforter. (It looked like it had snowed in the house when we got home.)
One set of curtains.
One oak wooden curtain rod bracket. (Yep, he tore it out of the wall... and ate most of it.)
One Dish Network remote control.
One window sill. (I still have to replace it.)
The carpet on the stairs and the landing. (Now we’re getting into the EXPENSIVE range.)
One leather love seat.
One mahogany end table.
(The last two just happened yesterday.)

I think that’s it. I may have missed something. So - anybody want a dog? (Thank god it’s almost spring.)