HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weird Question
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Huntinman23
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weird Question

ORIGINAL: AUTiger

I am sorry Huntinman23 that i am not as blessed as you are to have an abundance of mallards flying around - and you must also have an abundance of quail and pheasants to hunt at your disposal. in my opinion these ducks are not pen raised they are released as soon as they can fly (just so you know a lot of people make a living selling guarenteed duck hunts how do you think they do it?) the pen is just for their safty so they are not eaten up by predators like racoons, bobcats, ... i also guess by your response that you are to big of a man to go on a quail shoot (you know how that is done i am sure)- unless you have around 5,000 acres of quail habiat and can shoot all the wild birds you want?? if so you are the man - Thanks for your contribution to my question on how i can ejoy my time outdoors with my friends and family - i hope you have a great day
I didn't mean to offend you in anyway I just didnt get why you would want to do this, I am not trying to be mean, and no I dont have an abundance of quail and ducks and pheasant. But what I do have is the ambition to go out and look for them so I can shoot them in the wild. Again I am sorry if i offended you in any way.

Also, if you are going to raise ducks I would not let them out as soon they can fly, they may stick around for a while but they are not going to stay around for a long time. (or at least as long as you plan on having them there). I am no expert but I know ducks migrate, so they will leave (unless you feed them and you live in a place they can stay all of the time). Check with your local DNR station also and even see if it is legal to do this, because if it is not and you are doing it and get caught, you will be in for a big fine and maybe a loss of your hunting privilages. Just a suggestion. But if it is allowed go ahead and do it.

Ducks are animals they dont have the brain capacity you and I do, If you feed them till they can fly, they will sit around and wait for you to feed them again, and if you dont they will either die, or go look for someone else to feed them. If they are not taught to feed by themselves they never will.

Again I am sorry for my above post if I offended you in anyway.