HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog attracting tactics?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
SWThomas
Nontypical Buck

Default Hog attracting tactics?

I'm headed down to my friends lease in Central FL this weekend. I've harvested deer there before but no hogs. We know the hogs are there because people have seen them on the property and there is faint evidence of hog activity. My question is, how do I draw them to a specific location? I have a blind set-up in the rear of the property that will allow me to approach it and get into it virtually undetected in the morning. It faces several shooting lanes we cut about 100 yards toward the rear propety limit. My plan is to dig a few holes in these lanes and pour some "Pig Out" into them. Should I cover them back up or leave them open? I was then going to spread some corn all around that area to draw them in and let them find the holes.

I've read and been told that it's best to try and find wollows near a water source or fresh rooting and bait those areas, but that kind of sign is scarce on this property. I figure if I haven't attracted any hogs after a few days there probably aren't any in the area.

Any tips?