HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ****s Field and Stream Tree Stands

Yeah those prices are not anything to write home about. I bought (2) 15ft 1-man at Menards in Marion, IL (southern IL)for 39 bucks each and(2) 2-man stands there for some youth hunts (gotta have a non-hunting partner) for 119 bucks each.

Kicker is that we bought the 15ft 1-man stands really just for the safety harnesses they all come with now. We had been over to the Rural King and all they had were small harnesses which wouldn't fit the kids so we wound up at Menard's.

Now we have a couple brand new 15ft stands sitting in the hayloft on stand-by. Can use them as something quick to put out if a spot needs something real quick like.

Now I livein N.E. IL and I have seensome of the Menard's that never had carried deer stands will start having them in the store. And when they don't sell well they clear them out real cheap rather than taking them off the shelves and shipping them either back to warehouses or to stores where they sell more out in more rural areas.

We're going down to the Deer & Turkey Classic here at the end of the month in Bloomington, IL and what I want to get is another of those strap on seats. I had one and can't find it anywhere. You strap it on to a tree and it is multi angle so it can be clamped on and set anywhere/anyhow. The seat looks like a little old buttock molded tractor seat.

Yep, gotta get another one of those.