HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Danno - you're definitely right! The more I get to know all you guys, the more I realize that we've got an awesome group here, who has a LOT in common. I'm bustin my balls to put together a nice Ohio hunt for you guys. All are welcome. I hope to have 10-15+ solid stand sites picked and ready.

Fair Warnings: there will be a lot of long hikes - so whoever wants to come out - make sure you have a light, portable stand. Also, this fall will be the first time these sites have ever been hunted (by me), so they may not be as productive as they look - or could be subject to some external hunting pressure. But, that said - I'm looking for places that are off-the-beaten-path, so as to maximize buck quality and minimize human interference.

I spent the day yesterday in the woods. The snow cover was still too heavy to see anything on the ground, but I did get to put some mileage on the shoeleather express. I mapped-out two nice new stand sites and got into an area that will definitely require further review.

Here's a pretty nice rub that I found. This guy must've had some serious headgear.

His antlers were scraping all the way around the backsides of the outside trees. This was about 500 yards from where I killed my buck this season - and this rub was not there at that time. Hopefully he survived gun season...

I swapped out my trailcam cards. Got a few good pics.The single-digit and sub-zero weather caused my cameras to fritz out a bit. Overall, a pretty solid performance for the wildview 2.0's.I'm impressed - and quickly becoming addicted to trail cams. I can definitely foresee having a half-dozen cameras spread all over the planet by October. LOL

Does this look like a shed buck to you guys?

Pretty nice-sized coyote. He better not come through when I'm perched in there. LOL