HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 60# versus 70#...No difference in power? Maybe
Old 02-08-2009, 04:37 AM
im ocd

Default RE: 60# versus 70#...No difference in power? Maybe

Let me try to make my point in a different way:

Someone post the question: "I'm going on a moose hunt, I've got a Brute or X3 pulling 70# at 28'' draw, is it enough for moose?" The replies will be... Yes.

Same moose hunt, but the person is now using a 58# X Force. The replies might include comments about trying to increase draw weight, use heavy arrows or cut on contact heads.

Ironically there is no power difference in the two bows.[:@]

Another example:

"I just bought a new Martin Mamba recurve pulling 50 LB @ 28'' I'll be shooting 500 grain arrows at 177 fps (35# KE / .39 momentum) is it enough for black bears over bait?" The answers will be... Yes

Same black bear hunt over bait, except the equipment is different:"I shoot a Equalizer set on 40 LB it shoots a 380 grain arrow @ 213 fps ( 38# KE / .38 momentum)" Do you think the answers will still be yes? I don't; they will say turn up the draw weight.

Ironically there is no power difference in the two bows.[:@]

That's the point of the thread, in both of my examples the bows produce the same power, butyou know the replies would be like I said. See the problem?