HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is this for real?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
patchholder
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is this for real?

Mahnomen is a little over an hour from me here in Mn. and nosualic is right 1 buck per calender year. It is fairly good hunting over there some good farm land but nothing spectacular like you see there. For one there is no lease over there big enough to hold that many mature bucks and no one chunk of private ground over there that large for that matter any way. lots of smaller farms private chunks 200 acres on average or less. It's funny I never have heard of this photo before and obvoiusly if it was real I would have. I find it espicially hard to believe that even if they had taken all these big bucks on this property over a period of years that they would lose this lease, there is only so many reasons to lose a lease, someone else wants to pay more and why would they let that happen espicially if they take all these big bucks on it, maybe landowner wants them out all they would have to do is pay more, money talks and people will pay for it if this is real, another possible factor would be a timber company leased it to them such as potlatch timber corp but on average there properties are 40,80 100 or a little more and all the timber is mature jack pine and immature red pine, the deer would obviously not be in there much anyway they would be in the farm land wich is what that country is over there. So take it from me this whole thing is big time phony and I would be willing to bet that maybe half them big bucks came from that property in the whole 25 years they leased it.