HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Hunting/ success & failure
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
RockyMtnGobblers
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey Hunting/ success & failure

Success to me is being in the woods with the gobblers. Thats it.
After the shot my funs all over.
I have always cherished the time I have in the mountains while turkey hunting, seeing Lynx, Elk etc.
Last year I started out hunting in my favorite place,I had two nice gobblers come in and I decided not to shoot, they proceeded to fight. I put my shotgun down and videoed them, now 10 years ago I wouldn't have put my gun down but now it's all about being there for me and not about bringing one home.
I then went to a new place I had never hunted but it looked like it may have turkeys. The first morningI found gobblers roosted and set up just around the bend from them. I set my camera up and called in a Jake and a gobbler the Jake beat up my Jake decoy and the gobbler came within feet of me. NoI didn't shoot he had a small beard, but last year was the best season I ever had because it became all about being there.
My video is not that great but I got some great footage including a gobbler gobblingon the roost, and memories to last a lifetime. Last season was only 4 days for me, but what a great 4 days!!

Failure to me,well in the back of my mind I wished I'd taken a shot.