HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you care!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Muliefever
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you care!!!

You know.. I think it depends..

Take for example North West Michigan. I have been here for a year and a half and have already got a good taste for the "Sportsmanship" in the area.
I know of several people who shot little bucks this year. Some really small. And that's okay. BUT, when you complain two weeks later at the local QDM banquet about the lack of quality bucks in the area.. Now there is a problem. Almost everyone around NW Michigan has this philosophy of "if it's brown, it's down" Which personally I do NOT agree with.. However, 99% of all the hunters will tell you that they all dream of shooting that dream buck! News flash people.. THEY WILL NOT GET BIG IF YOU SHOOT THEM WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!! This pisses me off so much. I could literally scream!

Now, with that said. If you are a person who goes out and shoots the first deer you see, and could HONESTLY care less if it is bambi or godzilla, then good for you! But I NEVER want to hear of you complaining of not having a BIG deer on your wall!

What NW Michigan NEEDS to do is allow everyone the opportunity to harvest does. More young bucks would survive, the buck to doe ratio would improve and we all would have the CHANCE at a good deer!