HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your opinion and why?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your opinion and why?

mine did purchase a Leupold off of e-bay and when he got it, it needed purged (nitro).He sent it to them and they could not reseal the scope.It was according to leupold about 9 years old.They sent him a new scope-same power---FREE. Nuff said there
ORIGINAL: 700Rem

I find that kinda odd: I have been using them for as long asI can remember back...I have never had to send one of mine back for anything.A friend of mine did purchase a Leupold off of e-bay and when he got it, it needed purged (nitro).He sent it to them and they could not reseal the scope.It was according to leupold about 9 years old.They sent him a new scope-same power---FREE. Nuff said there.
I was hoping they would send me a new one but they didn't. I think I may have just gotten a lemon but I'm not sure. I bought it new and after a few months the first issue was after a shot it looked like it was shaking. Not the crosshairs but the picture looked like it was shaking and you could see it settle down. I sent it in for this and got it back. I sent it in through the gun store. Ended up taking like a month to get back. Was around Christmas but still was a bout double the time Leupold told me and 4x the time the gunshop told me. I was a little unhappy here. Leupold knew it was around Christmas time when they told me 2 weeks so over a month is a little long.

Then the second time it seemed like it was wanting to adjust itself. I sent it in and not sure if they found something wrong or not. It said they did a few things then inspected everything on the checklist of what was done. I've only shot it a few times on my muzzle loader since.