HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your opinion and why?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your opinion and why?

ill repair or send you a new scope -EVEN IF YOUR NOT THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER...thats say alot about a company who has that much confidence in a product.I could say alot more ,but you get the point,save and get a good scope.
ORIGINAL: 700Rem

I would save and get the Leupold 4.5x14x50

Why:Leupold is by far the best scope on the market,dollar for dollar there is not a better scope.Not even the high dollar end ones with the fancy names such as S&B ,SaWORSEski,those types of scopes your just paying for the name.After hunting for 41 years of the 48 God has given me,nothing will ever go on any of my guns except a Leupold.Take this to heart.Should you have a problem with a Leupold you can send it back to them and they will repair or send you a new scope -EVEN IF YOUR NOT THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER...thats say alot about a company who has that much confidence in a product.I could say alot more ,but you get the point,save and get a good scope.
They have taken care of me when sending it in however, damn it gets old to keep having to send it in.

I will also note that most scopes have a lifetime warranty also.

I'm not the only one to complain about it losing zero easily either. After reading up I've seen a couple of other guys complaining about that. Now some have great luck but I haven't.

I know I didn't buy there top of the line scope but I spent enough that it should have been a quality scope. If they can't offer something quality for $225 when other companies can then that just gives them a bad name. Honestly other than a few guys on here and other sites that are really into guns who the hell is going to spend $500 on a scope? I don't know a single person and I know quite a few guys with quite a few guns. The majority of them have Simmons scopes. They like to spend even less than me. After about $250 I stop looking at scopes. I just don't need something that good to go out into the woods for me. As long as it's clear and works that's what I need. I don't need a fancy name on the side. My scopes are nicer than most of the guys I know however, the few and I mean few I know that have Leupolds have the same one I do. Not the more expensive ones. So maybe their higher priced scopes are nicer I can't comment however, they need to work on the scopes that are what most people buy. I only know 2 people currently that have Leupold scopes. I knew a 3rd one and he had the same kind of problems I've had with mine so he ended up trading it to someone for a .22 rifle as he also got tired of the problems.

When it comes to high end scopes I've always heard from anyone that has tried one of the higher end scopes how it's way way better than anything else. So if I'm going to spend that much money I'd just honestly spend the money on a higher end brand. If your not going to spend that much money, well it seems like if you go with Leupold you get a crappy scope.

I've used other scopes that imo are much nicer and they have all been cheaper. In fact the Leupold is my least favorite scope of the ones I own.The fit and feel of the it is nicer than the Tasco but at the same time I've owned the Leupold for right under 2 years and Tasco for about a year and a half. You know how many times the Leupold has been in for repair? 2. You know how many times the $30 Tasco has been sent in for repair? 0. You know how many times my $60 Simmons has been sent in? 0. This one I've had for probably 4 years. Been dropped a couple times. It is on a .22 though. However still hasn't given me any problems. I've dropped it and picked it up and it still shoots in the same place. I had the Leupold fall over and picked it up and it was shooting about 4" higher than where it had been. The Burris has also never given me a problem and is just a super clear scope but like I've said I've not even had it for a year. Only one hunting season.