HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your opinion and why?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
nksmfamjp
Typical Buck

Default RE: what is your opinion and why?

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

. . .Should you have a problem with a Leupold you can send it back to them and they will repair or send you a new scope -EVEN IF YOUR NOT THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER...thats say alot about a company who has that much confidence in a product. . . .

Thank you for your experience and strong opinion. Sounds like it is based on many good years of hunting experience.

This warranty thing as a main selling point of many brands is an odd thing to me. I hope to buy a scope and never use the warranty. I am glad many optics manufacturers will treat me well in that process. I would ask all to consider this. . .Will a scope manufacturer redesign a scope sent back for an issue? No they will not. So when a scope brand is known for things like off-color lens coatings, broken turrets, poor recoil durability, or turrets which are not accurate over the long haul without being sent back and rebuilt, then you need to look elsewhere. These things are known issues on cheap and some expensive to me scopes. Shop carefully. Buy by the spec promised and delivered via component selection. Avoid emotional things like the scope of a lifetime, super bright HD44XB2 lens coatings, mil tough plastic tube!