HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - money-money-money
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: money-money-money

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Since this is a bowhunting forum, how about asking hows everyone fairing the junk economic times right now in relation to purchasing bowhunting products?

For me, I am looking to purchase another bow, buying a lazer tuning guide, arrows, sight, rest but am being cautious at this time. I'll be having my first grandchild soon so we are helping the kids out with buying stuff.....my wife loves buying baby things. I have a seemingly safe job for now and our company sales orders seem to be on par with last year, but does anyone really know what is really safe? Besides that my 401K is in the dumper at this time[:@].
Makes TWO of us!!! I'm doing okay, but working as a nurse, there is always work, so I'm pretty safe in the overall realm. I'm having 11% put away for retirement, 4% by me and 7% by my employer, along with other stuff, so I'm "safe," I think. As for equipment, I just picked up a bow on the AT classified for my nephew that lives in the OP's hometown, and I'm getting ready to set it up later this week. I'd like to upgrade to an AM35, but I can wait, and that's no change from my past situation. I WOULD like to head to CO for an elk hunt, but need to find one or two OHIO guys who are willing to make the trip to make it affordable from the fuel standpoint. Any takers???