HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North American Super Slam
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM
huntingson
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Super Slam

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Rob,

You know I'm wishing you the best of luck on your pronghorn hunt! Knock one dead!

I had my desert mule deer devoured by feral hogs and scattered to the four winds on Jan 3rd, 09. I made a good 30 yard shot on a 26 inch wide 5x5 while hunting SE N. Mexico. I shot the deer late in the evening and opted toretrieve the beastthe followingmorning. I found a blood trail leading into a mess of pig tracks, pig poop, and uprooted soil. I find neither hide nor hair of my deer from that point.My next desert hunt will have revenge attached.

I'm off to Victoria Island in September for a musk ox.

Jim, what are your plans?
Monie?
That's terrible luck huck! Sounds like a beautiful mule deer. Congrats anyway. Nothing you can do about feral hogs.

I don't know what I am doing yet this year. It all hinges on if I draw a tag in Montana. If I do, then my dad and I are going there DIY for elk and mule deer and maybe whitetails if our buddy actually follows through. If I/we don't draw a tag, then we are debating New Foundland for moose and woodland caribou, Ontario for black bear, or an OTC tag in CO. I would love to see New Foundland, but I don't know if that will be in the cards financially this year.

Good luck on the musk ox! What an adventure that should be! I can't wait for the story and pics