HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Full inclusion for PA
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 AM
explorer_Jack

Default RE: Full inclusion for PA

ORIGINAL: Stan00

After reading all the posts, IMO, The reason we have no deer is the 2 week doe and buck season together. The old 3 day doe season took less doe. Its ez to kill a doe with a rifle if you see any. Not so with a crossbow. I have a permit and I can say after 5 years of crossbow hunting I have had deer jump the noise it makes and have a clean miss at 20 yards. More than once. The only buck I ever shot jumped the string and instead of a lung shot I got him in the spine and he went down. He was only 10 yards. I still have to be closer to the deer than 30 yards as the noise and the crossbow is not very accutate past 25 yards. So as a longtime bowhunter I see no advantage to the crossbow over my old compound. I would buy one if I did not have one as they are fun to shoot, Even the youngsters like shooting it which means they will have some interest to hunt when a little older when its not freezing out. A red dot or a big scope will not make the bow shoot any better. I have tried both and the only advantage for me was when counting points to see if it was 5 or better.

Happy Hunting, Stan
You haven't used the new Xbows then. 405 fps and very accurate out to 45 yrds. These are the state of the art design and not your 200$ bows thatI amtalking about.