HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY hunters--blaze orange
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Muddyemms

Default RE: NY hunters--blaze orange

I have both the Assembly version and the Senate version in front of me now. Here' s the pertinent info from the Senate (shorter!) version . . .

Section 1. Section 11-0901 of the environmental conservation law is amended by adding a new subdivision 17 to read as follows:

17. Every person hunting during the regular big game season shall wear a hat or cap of solid or patterned fluorescent orange colored material and/or an outer garment above the waist of a minimum total of five hundred square inches of such material. The material shall be worn so it is visible in a three hundred sixty degrees arc. The department shall provide notice of such requirement in the state hunting and trapping regulations guide.

Section 2. Section 71-0925 of the environmental conservation law is amended by adding a new subdivision 15 to read as follows:

15. If the violation was a violation of subdivision seventeen of section 11-0901, relating to wearing fluorscent materials while hunting big game, a civil penalty of not less than ten nor more than fifty dollars.

Section 3. This act shall take effect on the first of January next succeeding the date on which it shall have become a law.

Helps to have my wife working in the Assembly . . . btw, as a Republican . . .