HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Full inclusion for PA
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Full inclusion for PA

It is a good law.If my mind is sound enough to to pack heat in a grocery store,it's sound enough to do so while hunting or spot lighting.

This guy that you speak so often about with the contender,did he just start taking his contender out while poaching since a person can now spotight with a conceiled weapon.By the way,I doubt a scoped contender would stand up in court as a conceiled weapon.I'M SURE THE FACT THAT CARRYING A CONCEILED WEAPON WHILE SPOT LIGHTING WAS NEVER LEGAL BEFORE,NEVER STOPPED THE POACHER FROM BRINGING HIS CONTENEDER ALONG FOR A RIDE.By the way,the law was not made by the PGC.Our legislature,that you approve getting involved with wildlife management issues changed the law.

I'm not going to argue about the crossbow vote in Pa.However,I have to clear up some innacuracies from Mr Sproul.Hunters are not concerned and outraged that crossbows will results in more doe being killed.The antlerless harvest is controlled by allocations,PERIOD.Crossbows will not kill any more doe.What many fear,is that the inclusion of too many crossbows will increase the pre-rut buck kill(not the total buck kill).In the past biolgists warned that if the pre-rut buck harvest went up much,they may be forced to shorted the season from our already short 6 weeks.