HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION!
Thread: ATTENTION!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 02:51 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATTENTION!

I almost went with the Captain, but wanted something with more brace- after messing witha an X-force and a 82nd this past week I gave up on my "low brace, low poundage" experiment and decided to go the opposite direction- bigger brace, slower bow with higher poundage. Draw is crappy IMO but I can get used to it for that kind of incredible shot (lack of) feel- and it was a wee bit better than the Captain draw cycle.

I still need to do a little work- we didn't have time @ the shop last night before they closed- the peep sight needs some tweaking and tying in. Also MAJOR nock pinch problems on a typical Easton Super type nock - X nocks/G nocks were not a prob- but If I stick with a "full size" nock I will need to tie in a nock point with a small gap on the bottom side of the arrow nock, and then the loop around them. No biggie- most likely I'll be shooting X or G nocks anyways.

I also shot a brand new General (the last one they had) that had been set up for a customer who was coming in to pick it up- it was even quieter and more dead than the Admiral-I couldn't believe it. The draw was smoother than the Admiral (no late peak) but I did not like the valley or balance nearly as well on the General- and it weighed a ton everything on it.