HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lead Poisoning??? Please Take a Look
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lead Poisoning??? Please Take a Look

Thanks for the post.

Am very familiar with lead poisoning. In my45 year EOD careeri have burned about 2 billion rounds of mostly military small arms ammunition. Nearly all of it contained lead. We burned most of the stuff in huge open pits. Wecleaned out the pits with endloaders while wewere engulfed in a cloud of lead dust.We would dust off our clothes at the end of the day and before eating lunch.

After burning all the unserviceable Army small arms ammo from Desert Storm two of my liver values went tilt for lead. All the time i never felt sick. Took a lot of Vitamin C without calcium andmy liver was normal when tested inaboutthree months. Now i wear a paint mask whenoperating equipment in a cloud of lead dust.Am checked for lead every six months and have had no more problems.

This lead poisoning scare in deer meat was started by an"expert" who claimed to find lead in donated deer meat.He is a member of the anti crowd who brought you the lead ban in parts of CA. Turns out the "expert" is a dermatologist. Maybe there is a little lead in some donated deer meat. It surely is not enough to hurt a healthy adult.

This is what one group thought of it:

http://www.paoutdoornews.com/articles/2008/12/04/top_news/news01.txt