HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - reloads for 300 ultra
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
jeepkid
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: reloads for 300 ultra

ORIGINAL: beech18

Thanks for the info guys. I did talk toH-S awhile ago. Problem is, it will shot if I load her down to the speeds of a 300 Win Mag. I dont have my data in front of me with the exact loads and speeds I recorded, but if I load it down equal of the Win mag or slower, it shoots great. Try to speed things up to where the RUM should bethe groups just open right up. H-S does work a load up for each rifle and I too was givinga load for this rifle.It willgroup all 3 shots touching at 100 with the load H-S provided, but at less than a 300 Win Mag would shot.. If I wanted to shot the speed of a 300 Win Mag I would have bought a 300 Win Mag in the first place. So techincallyH-S did produce a rifle that shots well.I was curious to whatyou guys shot for rifles.The other RUM's Imshooting are all Remington's whichall shoot well using various hot loads. The H-S is a sweet rifle though, shoulders nicely,well balanced,awesome trigger, has the mercury recoil reducer which is nice.
Thats weird, why would they test it with a load slower then a win mag? I would send it back and tell them to shoot it with RUM loads and see if they can get it to shoot. If they can't have them send you a rifle that does shoot well with RUM loads.

Oh, do you have a Beech 18?