HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are we going about this all wrong?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Zrabfan26
Fork Horn

Default RE: Are we going about this all wrong?

Baybuzzard, I hear what your saying I too feel the same way. Hearing these sloppy hunters stories how they stumble out into the woods an hour or two after first light, bathing with regular soap, smoking before or during hunting, making all kinds of noise getting into their climbers, and the list goes on. And these guys bag deer time after time, mostly based on luck. One of the worst, just this year a guy on the same jobsite came in braggin about this big buck he shot, he was washing dishes and seen him out the window at his feeder and salt lick, so he snuck out in flip flops and shorts regular clothes and shot him in his yard 20 yards with bow. Meanwhile, I am pretty concious with scent, bath in dead down wind, use scent lock, rubber boots,and still got busted 2x heading into my morning hunting spots. It can get pretty frustrating when you go through the extra hassle and you hear that deer blow. But I will continue to do the same cause it will increase the chances of fooling a deers nose but never 100%. There is always some scent they will pick up on.