HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey friendly states within 8 hrs drive of SW PA
Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
ohbowguy
Fork Horn

Default RE: Turkey friendly states within 8 hrs drive of SW PA

I've hunted Northeast Tennessee 5 years now. Non-resident license is $175 for a week or $250 for a year. I'd get the year license if you think you'll be back because this covers all big game- turkeys, deer, bear and boar. If I recall correctly, you're allowed 3 turkeys per season. All day hunting is allowed. Season opens around the end of March or early April. I usually tried to go the week before Ohio season. It's really a crap shoot as far as when to go. I've gone the first week and also towards the end of April. My friends down there have said "Oh, you should have been here last week." or after I come back home "Man, you should have stayed a little longer." Anyway, I know this doesn't help, but I've mostly hunted private property, but I do know that there was TVA land very close to where we were in Grainger County. As far as fishing, we didn't do any of that but there's plenty of lakes and rivers in that area that I'm sure hold plenty of fish. Hope this helps some.